Surti Undhiyu Recipe | Uttarayan Special Recipe | Recipes In Gujarati | Gujarati Rasoi. Surti Undhiyu is a famous Gujarati recipe enjoyed by everyone and no Gujarati Thali is complete without the Undhiyu. Undhiyu is prepared during the winter season as it consists of fresh vegetables which are available only in the winter season. Undhiyu consists of vegetables like brinjal, sweet potato, purple yam, potatoes, surti papdi, tuvar which are cooked in traditional Surti green masala. The highlight ingredient of Surti Undhiyu is Lila Lasan known as Green Garlic.
Uttarayan is a festival which celebrated with great pomp and grandeur in Gujarat. Uttarayan or the Kite Festival of Gujarat is incomplete without Surti Undhiyu. The enjoyment of flying the Kite and enjoying the Surti Undhiyu for lunch on your home’s Agassi.
So this Uttarayan enjoy the Surti Undhiyu and let us know about the taste of the recipe in the comment box.
2 Sliced Sweet Potatoes
150 Grams Purple Yam
500 Grams Baby Potatoes
150 Grams Surti Papdi (Flat Green Beans)
150 Grams Surti Papdi Seeds (Flat Green Beans Seeds)
250 Grams Tuvar (Green Pigeon Peas)
150 Grams Green Peas
2 Cups Coriander Leaves
2 Cups Green Garlic
1 Cup Grated and Roasted Dried Coconut
10-12 Green Chilies
20-25 Garlic Cloves
½ Cup Ginger
2 Teaspoon Carom Seeds
3 Teaspoons Sesame Seeds
1 Tablespoon Turmeric Powder
3 Tablespoon Dhana Jeera Powder
3 Tablespoon Red Chilli Powder
1. Deep fry sweet potatoes and purple yam.
2. Make criss-cross cut in the baby potatoes and deep fry them.
3. Heat oil in little more quantity than usual and add carom seeds and sesame seeds.
4. Now add surti papdi, surti papdi seeds, tuvar and green peas.
5. Add salt to taste and mix well.
6. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
7. For the green masala make a paste of green chillies, garlic, ginger, roasted dried coconut, ½ cup sesame seeds, coriander leaves and green garlic.
8. Now criss-cross brinjals and add the surti green masala in the cuts.
9. Now in the vessel kept on the gas add turmeric powder, dhana jeera powder, red chilli powder and adequate amount of green masala. Mix well.
10. Add salt as per taste.
11. Now add the fried sweet potatoes, fried purple yam, fried baby potatoes and the brinjals.
12. Mix well and cook for 10 minutes.
13. Now add the methi muthias and mix well.
14. Close lid and cook for 1 whistle and then cook it on low flame for 10 minutes.
15. Now garnish undhiyu with green garlic and coriander leaves.
16. Surti Undhiyu is ready to eat.
Tags: Surti Undhiyu Recipe | Uttarayan Special Recipe | Recipes In Gujarati | Gujarati Rasoi, Gujarati recipes, gujarati language, gujarati culture, gujarati recipes in gujarati language, recipes in gujarati language, gujarati recipes vegetarian in gujarati language, vegetarian recipes, vegetarian recipes indian style, undhiyu recipe in gujarati, undhiyu recipe in gujarati style, gujarati undhiyu recipe, surti undhiyu recipe in gujarati, surti undhiyu recipe in gujarati language, surti undhiyu in surat, surti undhiyu banavani rit, surti undhiyu mix recipe