How to board a domestic flight in india first time?. This is a simple video on How to board a domestic flight in India first time?
Before you board a flight you need to buy the ticket. A sample e-ticket is shown in the video.
List of few websites for purchasing tickets online.
• Reach the Airport atleast 2 Hrs before the take off time , since you are boarding for the first time.
• Show the Hard Copy of your flight ticket (Soft Copy won’t work ) and Original Govt. authorized Photo Id Proof (like voter card , PAN card, AADHAAR card , Passport ,DL , Etc ) to the Security in-charge at the entrance gate.
(After Cross verifying your ticket with Photo Id proof , airport security will allow you to enter the airport )
• As soon as you enter the Airport gate , you will see Check-In counters of various airlines.
• Look for the airline you are going to fly with and go to the respective counter along with your luggage.
• Attendant at the check-in counter will check your ticket , Photo Id proof , then weigh your luggage and provide tag for your handbag.
• If your luggage weighs more than the allowed limit you will have to pay for the extra weight . Generally the charges are Rs.200-250 per kg.
• Weight allowed for luggage is 15-20 Kg and for handbag is 7 Kgs. These limits are mentioned on your ticket and may vary from airline to airline.
• Hand bag is generally not weighed in domestic flights unless it looks too bulky.(TIP: If you got some extra luggage weight try to fit it in you handbag.)
• Attendent at check-in counter will give you boarding pass once you are done with the weighing and handing over of your luggage.
• You will get your luggage back at your destination airport.
• Now check the boarding gate no. on your Boarding pass and move towards that gate no.
• Before you are allowed to enter the boarding gate waiting area you will have to get your hand bag screened by the security. Keep your handbag in tray and put it on the conveyer for screening.
• Keep your laptop , wallet/purse, leather belt,jacket , etc in a separate tray for screening.
• Once you clear the screening you will be allowed to enter the waiting area of your boarding gate.
• Keep watching the display screens for the boarding time of your flight.
• Once the boarding gate opens, please move to the boarding gate, boarding attendant will check you boarding pass ,check the tag on your handbag, stamp your boarding pass and allow you to board the flight.
• You will be guided by the flight attendants/air hostess during your journey.
• After landing , you can go to the luggage belt no. mentioned on the display screens against your flight and take your luggage.
Things not to carry in your handbag
• Swiss Knife/knife/scissors(any sort of sharp material is not allowed)
• Ghee(any sort of explosive is not allowed)
• Pickles(carry ghee/pickles in luggage bag only)
• Cigarette lighters
• More than 100 ml of liquid is generally restricted.
Tags: How to board a domestic flight in india first time?, First time boarding a flight, Process of boarding a domestic flight